CATEGORIES: AWARDS, AWARDS TIMELINE
TIMELINES: TIMELINE AWARDS
Congratulations to our West Valley 1 campus for achieving the 2017 Best of State Charter school for outstanding growth in SAGE test performance.
West Valley 1, formerly the School for New Americans, began with an idea that all students should receive an outstanding education. WV1 was the first campus to serve refugee students with priority enrollment.
- Achievement: 2016 SAG
- American Prep the School for New Americans (American Prep SNA) achieved the highest Median Growth Percentile (85%) in English Language Arts (ELA) among ANY school in Utah. A score of 85% is unprecedented. This means that the students on average achieved an 85% individual growth from their previous year’s SAGE performance.
- American Prep SNA was 1 of only 2 charter schools in the top 10 performers in English Language Arts for the 2016 SAGE test.
- American Prep SNA received the highest Median Growth Percentile in Mathematics (65%) and Science (71%) of the 20 schools most closely matched demographically (https://datagateway.schools.utah.gov/Assessment/StudentGrowth/2016)
- February 9, 2017 – Utah State Charter School Board recognized American Preparatory SNA during their State Board meeting for outstanding SAGE growth.
- About the SAGE Test
- SAGE is Utah’s computer adaptive assessment system aligned to the state’s core standards. This comprehensive testing system inclues:
- SAGE Summative: Summative adaptive assessments required for state and federal accountability provided for English laguage arts (ELA), math and science
- SAGE Formative: Optional learning resources, test items, and learning activities available to teachers, parents and students, linked to students’ summative test results.