NOTICE OF SPECIAL PUBLIC MEETING
AMERICAN PREPARATORY ACADEMY
The Governing Body of AMERICAN PREPARATORY ACADEMY will have a special meeting on Wednesday October 22nd at 5:30 pm at 6000 West Oakey Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89146. Below is an agenda of all items scheduled to be considered. Unless otherwise stated, items may be taken out of the order presented on the agenda at the discretion of the chairperson. Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate physically handicapped persons desiring to attend the meeting. Please contact APA’s Office at (702) 266-7889 in advance so arrangements can be made. Public comment may be limited to three minutes per person at the discretion of the chairperson.
1. Call to order
2. Pledge of Allegiance/Roll Call
3. Approval of minutes from 10-8-2014 board meeting
4. Public Comments and Discussion - Members of the public are invited to comment on any items on the agenda below. No action will be taken on any items during the public comment period, but may be taken at the appropriate point in the agenda
5. Closed Executive Session: Legal Review of lease for new campus
6. Discussion and possible action: Business manager’s report on his first reconciliation
7. Discussion and possible action: Amendment to the lease to get the portable units
8. Discussion and possible action: Custodial contract with after hours custodial company
9. Discussion and possible action: Staffing changes to ensure compliance with charter
10. Discussion and possible action: NRS 386.549(5) payment to Board for September and October 2014 meetings.
11. Board Comments- Discussion
12. Public Comments- Discussion
This notice and agenda has been posted on APALV’s website and on or before 9am on the third working day before the meeting at the following locations:
1. Spring Valley Library 4280 South Jones Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89103
2. Windmill Library 7060 W Windmill Ln, Las Vegas, NV 89113
3. Sahara West Library 9600 W Sahara Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89117
* In Accordance with Section 241.020(2)(c)(2) of the Nevada Revised Statutes, all of the agenda items are subject to action and disposition by the governing board, unless the agenda item specifically indicates otherwise. To promote efficiency and as an accommodation to the parties involved, agenda items may be taken out of order.