Carpool and Bus Registration
Bus Route Time Table
New Times Coming Soon!
Cost Per Month for Each Student
- Morning Rides Only – $15 per month
- Afternoon Rides Only – $25 per month
- Morning and Afternoon – $40 per month
Custom Schedules – Because we know students have activities on different days and needs vary, we have designed the program to be flexible. The monthly cost is $3 per ride in the morning, and $5 per ride in the afternoon. You can select your desired schedule and calculate the cost on the bus application.
Payments are made online, and must be paid in full or setup as a recurring monthly payment. The number of riding days varies each month – the cost was calculated for the entire year and divided evenly for those who prefer to pay monthly. Fall, Christmas, and Spring breaks and other holidays are already accounted for. The Elementary office may also accept cash or check payments.
Riding the Bus
Arrive about 5 minutes before the posted time and remain with your students until they have boarded the bus. The bus will load students and leave at the time posted.
Secondary students will walk to Draper 2 and load the bus no later than 3:25pm.
Elementary students will be dismissed at 3:20pm/2:20pm (first dismissal) and get on the bus before it leaves.
The bus is scheduled to leave at 3:30pm/2:30pm.
Parents will wait at the bus stop until the bus arrives. The time posted is the earliest arrival time, and we strongly suggest parents arrive by that time. Due to traffic and weather conditions, sometimes the bus comes later than the posted time.
Unless they have a walking pass, the bus driver will not leave any students at the bus stop without a parent to meet them. Instead the driver will keep the student on the bus, finish the route, and then try to contact the parent before returning back to the school.
Any secondary student can receive a walking pass, which means the bus will drop them off at the stop and they can walk home. Elementary students can have a supervised walking pass as long as they have a secondary student who will walk with them. Requesting a walking pass is included on the application.
Some of the bus drivers are full time employees of APA, while others are contract employees. All have passed a state background check and are qualified to drive a school bus. The drivers’ first priority is the students’ safety. They work hard to run the bus route efficiently and to help everyone on the bus have a positive experience. They are provided with rosters so they can contact you in case of emergency.
As required by the state, we will conduct emergency evacuation drills twice a year.
We want your student to have a positive experience riding the bus. Here are the rules you and your student agree to follow when using the bus program:
- The following behavior is not allowed under any circumstances:
- Physical contact
- Sexual contact and inappropriate conversation involving sexuality.
- Sexual harassment
- Throwing trash or other items
- Standing or changing seats while a bus is in motion
- Shouting or making loud noises
- Throwing objects out of windows
- Placing head, hands, or other body parts out of windows.
- Vandalizing the school bus
- Tampering with the mechanical and safety functions of the bus in any way.
- Interfering with fellow passengers ability to safely board, exit, or find seating.
- Any behavior that is considered distracting to the bus driver and/or prevents him/her from operating the school bus safely.
- Any other behavior that is disrespectful towards APA students or staff.
The following may be approved with permission from the bus driver. However, the driver reserves the right to deny or restrict availability for any reason:
- Eating and drinking on the bus
- Use of cell phones and tablets
- Changing seats during the bus route
It is the policy of the APA transportation department to utilize similar consequences set forth in the classrooms when addressing student behavior issues. However, there may be times when additional consequences may be needed. This includes the use of assigned seating and suspension.